It’s the little white pill that’s supposed to keep you from EVER having a heart attack.
And if it sounds too good to be true… that’s because it is.
Big Pharma has made a FORTUNE convincing Americans to take an aspirin a day to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
The aspirin is supposed to thin your blood, preventing clots and helping your heart work better.
That’s nice in theory… but it looks like MILLIONS of people are popping aspirin for NOTHING.
A new study published in The Lancet followed 12,500 people with heart conditions for 5 years.
Half took a daily aspirin and the other half took a placebo.
And the results were stunning. There was practically ZERO difference in the number of heart attacks and strokes between the two groups.
Now, I’ve warned my patients against the use of aspirin for heart health for years.
Aspirin increases your risk of a dangerous bleeds in your stomach or brain. In fact, a recent study found that your risk of a dangerous bleed goes up 29 percent when taking a daily aspirin.
Worse, another study showed that a daily aspirin is especially dangerous for men. Researchers found that popping a daily aspirin DOUBLED men’s risk of developing a deadly form of skin cancer.
It’s true that thick, “sludge-like” blood isn’t good for your heart. But aspirin is potentially dangerous and doesn’t seem to be helping much.
Plus, there are much safer natural alternatives.
- Give blood. Beyond being a good deed, donating blood thins your blood naturally. In fact, one study out of Finland found that men who regularly donated blood slashed their heart attack risk by 88 percent!
- Load up on garlic. This delicious addition to the menu has been used medicinally for thousands of years. And for good reason, because it makes your blood less sticky, reducing your risk of blood clots. It’s even been shown to lower blood pressure in some cases.
- H2O is the way to go. Drinking more water dilutes sludgy blood, thinning it naturally. If you have a family history of heart attack or stroke, staying hydrated is a must.
- Get more vitamin E. Research shows that folks who have the lowest levels of vitamin E have the highest risk of heart disease and stroke. In fact, taking just 100 IU of E a day slashes your heart risk by a third. If you’re going with a supplement, be sure to get the natural form of E, d-alpha-tocopherol.
- Fish for dinner. Fatty fish like salmon is packed with heart-healthy omega-3s. And they not only un-stick your blood, they also lower cholesterol, reduced chronic inflammation and boost brain health for sharper thinking.